A big thank you to YA author Amy Jones for the Liebster Blog Award. I wish her great success with The Soul Quest Trilogy! I'm honored she considered my playground worthy. Check her out!
According to the rules, I must:
1 - Thank the person who gave me this award and link back to them. (Check)
2 - Reveal my top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog. (Will check after some thought and sleep.)
3 - Copy and paste the award on my blog. (Check)
4 - Have faith that my followers will spread the love to other bloggers. (Checkety-check)
5 - And best of all - have blogging fun! (Isn't my webcam on? Surely, you saw me dancing... All right. Sorry, guys. Show's over. I pulled a hammy.)
Many thanks to Muriel of 40blogSpot for the Kreativ Blogger Award. My first! Check out her adventures as an entertaining Frenchwoman adjusting to life in London.
And thanks to Joy and miss_agie1018 for the Versatile Blogger Award!
Check out Joy's angst and cerebral meanders as a mom and sociologist in Illinois at Catharsis.
And keep your "fingers crossed" for "a girl blogging her way through adventures and experiences" at miss_agie1018's secondary blog adventures.
All right, here are 7 things you probably don't know about me:
1) I was originally a math major at Temple University. (It was my best academic subject. Plus, my advisor twisted my arm. I have the cast to prove it.)
2) Two of my favorite foods are potatoes and cheese -- which is okay because they're both fat and carbohydrate-free. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.
3) I love watching cartoons. One of my favorite animated movies is The Incredibles.
4) My mother used to call me her "water baby" because I would swim as often as I could. I even briefly considered becoming a lifeguard.
5) Before discovering my love of swimming, I was thrown into a pool at the YMCA (by a person who worked there) at age 4 or 5. I don't recommend this approach for teaching children. But, I apparently survived.
6) I have a fear of heights -- which I try to combat by riding roller coasters, flying, standing close to those huge windows in skyscrapers, etc.
7) I started writing fiction and poetry when I was a kid. But, I allowed the criticism of one teacher to make me think I had no future in it. I'll have to look her up on Facebook.
Okay, now that that's over with... here are some bloggers I feel deserve recognition. (The list is growing as I make more time to read.)
I'd like to give the Kreativ Blogger Award to:
Scrollwork - She's a deep thinker and an extremely creative artist. (She's funny, too!)
Deborah Lawrenson - She's a very talented novelist and journalist who blogs about things inspired by the South of France. Her book, The Lantern, will be out soon.
While the Dervish Dances - Cathy is an insightful and talented writer I'm keeping an eye on. You can, too. She posts excerpts on her blog.
Catharsis - Joy is smart and insightful. She boldly shares personal stories which draw you into her world of growth and healing.
secondary blog adventures - miss_agie1018 bravely and humorously shares experiences I hope entertain and inspire her peers.
I'd like to give the Versatile Blogger Award to:
The Slight Detour - Sam's adventures always keep me smiling, discovering new places and laughing. I can't wait for her book, Before Ever After!
40blogSpot - Muriel's introduced me to a world I could never have known on my own -- as a Frenchwoman adjusting to life in London.
As the Actress said to the Bishop... - Isabelle's humorous tales of the ups and downs of life as an actress in London will have you laughing.
One Sister's Rant - Bella's observations and insights will have you laughing and leaving inspired.
I'm sure as time goes on, I'll add more to these lists. In the meantime, I hope you'll visit the ones I've mentioned. Congratulations to all!